The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday 12 January, 10:23 : RT @DDSCAMRA: The 27th CAMRA White Cliffs Festival of Winters Ales & Cider returns to Dover Town Hall on 7th and 8th February 2020 with around 70 ales available. Event info (opens at 1pm): 👉 facebook.com/events/4883412… Beer list (continually being updated) : 👉 camra-dds.org.uk/festival/2020b… pic.twitter.com/x8zIooELYt
- Monday, 12:00 : Have you submitted your nomination for Campaigner of the Year?🏆 We're looking for people who have fought effective campaigns; people in the pub/brewing industries who promote our interests; celebrities or politicians who actively support real ale and pubs. More info below! 👇 twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…
- Sunday, 11:00 : .@GBBFWinter kicks off on 4 February - just over a week's time! 🍺❄️ #GBBFW will boast 400+ beers, ciders & perries celebreating the West Midland's industry, diversity and creativity throughout time! Find the beer list & get your tickets online ➡️ ow.ly/Vq7550y3cOI pic.twitter.com/eJYhJZXjxv
- Saturday, 12:00 : We're getting towards the end of #Tryanuary now! What has been your favourite new beer experience this month? Let us know below! 👇 @Tryanuary encourages beer fans to support independent breweries, pubs and bars throughout January. Learn more here 👉 tryanuary.com pic.twitter.com/g7VdUDdOCw
- Friday, 12:30 : Here's a historical #FunFactFriday to start your weekend 🏺🍻 Join CAMRA today 👉 ow.ly/JLDA50rrTZy pic.twitter.com/A8VJ3tdKBQ
Twitter / camrabooks
- Thursday 12 September, 09:34 : RT @LittleEarthBeer: This is great stuff by @fermentradio in this years @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide, but that cocoa nib Belgian-style sour sounds disgusting! Who’d brew that!?! twitter.com/fermentradio/s…
- Monday 2 September, 13:08 : RT @VesselPlymouth: September is an exciting month for events, starting with @NorthBrewCo Ute beer launch next Friday, @cloudwaterbrew meet the brewer, the launch of 2019 Rainbow Project on taps, finishing with our annual Oktoberfest celebrations with three official Oktoberfest beers on tap pic.twitter.com/Joo6WPs8Gz
- Friday 23 August, 11:29 : #goodbeerguide2020 - we would love to hear of any success stories or planned events for this year's Good Beer Guide. Here is a happy entry from last year! pic.twitter.com/JJ5KKFoxy0
- Friday 23 August, 11:20 : Not long now until we find out this year's entries into the UK's best-selling guide on real-ale pubs! pic.twitter.com/rcah6f32xZ
- Tuesday 9 July 2019, 10:02 : RT @jamesdowdeswell: Thanks Andrew. That’s very kind. twitter.com/Irr_Orbit/stat…