The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional Winner of the Pub of the Year 2017 is
Berkshire - Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2017 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2017 is
Nag’s Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 18:01 : Applications for our new Campaigns Manager close next week - make sure you don't miss this opportunity! More deta… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 12:30 : Will you be visiting one of @holidaylettings' top 10 events in September this week? York Beer Festival… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday, 18:00 : Planning an event to celebrate #CiderMonth this October? Be sure to let us know so we can list it on our website!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday, 13:25 : RT @CAMRABooks: Unsure of your next beer-related read? Have a look at our weekly book reviews on What's Brewing:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday, 13:00 : Interested in coming to Dundee for CAMRA AGM 2019? @FlyLoganair is offering up to 30% off flights between London St… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Twitter / camrabooks
- Tuesday, 13:25 : Unsure of your next beer-related read? Have a look at our weekly book reviews on What's Brewing:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Monday, 18:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Missed the news last week? The Good Beer Guide 2019 has been released! 🍻 You can also access information about yo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday 13th September, 07:30 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Today's the day - the Good Beer Guide 2019 is out now! The #GBG2019 has been revised & updated with the UK pubs se… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday 19th July, 19:32 : A big thank you to Bob Steel for joining us for our #AskBob Q&A session and to you for all of your questions! If… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday 19th July, 19:28 : And we've just got time for one more... Q: Have you got a favourite beer? #AskBob