The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 17:43 : Do you have any questions about real ale you've always wanted answered? Comment them below - and CAMRA author Patrick O'Neill will be sharing his answers this Friday! 🍻👇 pic.twitter.com/UCvLCJ9qjD
- Tuesday, 14:35 : RT @CAMRA_AGM: Members' Weekend may not be taking place - but don’t forget to vote online in the AGM 2020 & National Executive election! Make sure you vote by 11.59pm on Weds 1st April 2020 ☑️ Go to mi-vote.com and enter your unique voting code to cast your vote 🗳️
- Monday, 17:19 : Don't forgot to share your questions with us, all about Cellarmanship 🍻 Comment them below to see them answered later this week! 👇👇 twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…
- Monday, 15:51 : RT @Britbeerwriters: Let's spread some good news with our BGBW MEMBER promo! Jeff Evans @insidebeer has been a professional beer writer for 30 years, and a stalwart of the @CAMRA_Official library. Why not check out his Good Bottled Beer Guide for the best brews to sample from home during #lockdown?
- Monday, 15:49 : What a great idea! Get involved and share your best hats with us this Thursday 🎩 We'll be on hand to RT the best ones! #properhatday 👇 twitter.com/Beermarketeer/…
Twitter / camrabooks
- Tuesday 17 March, 21:55 : RT @CraftBeerHour: I'm compiling a list of places you can buy beer remotely. I know there aren't enough hours in the day to list everyone, but if you'd like to be on it, just message me using the format here: craftbeerhour.com/where-to-buy-b… #CraftBeerHour pic.twitter.com/2pM17GC17r
- Tuesday 17 March, 11:49 : We publish books on beer and pubs. We hold our meetings in pubs. We meet our authors in pubs. We hold launches in pubs. Remind yourself of why pubs are important and why we will continue to support them. Support the Campaign for Real and support pubs shorturl.at/pvPZ8 pic.twitter.com/FaaINS2cpG
- Tuesday 17 March, 10:04 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Responding to the Prime Minister's calls for the public to avoid pubs and other social outlets during the COVID-19 outbreak, please find the below comment from CAMRA's National Chairman Nik Antona. Read on our website ➡️ ow.ly/iCY750yNE0J pic.twitter.com/ikwhdzQpSd
- Thursday 12 September 2019, 09:34 : RT @LittleEarthBeer: This is great stuff by @fermentradio in this years @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide, but that cocoa nib Belgian-style sour sounds disgusting! Who’d brew that!?! twitter.com/fermentradio/s…
- Monday 2 September 2019, 13:08 : RT @VesselPlymouth: September is an exciting month for events, starting with @NorthBrewCo Ute beer launch next Friday, @cloudwaterbrew meet the brewer, the launch of 2019 Rainbow Project on taps, finishing with our annual Oktoberfest celebrations with three official Oktoberfest beers on tap pic.twitter.com/Joo6WPs8Gz