The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 18:00 : Have you ordered your Good Beer Box yet? They're selling fast! It includes @HopBackBrewery Summer Lightning (5%), an extremely pleasant bitter, straw-coloured beer with a terrific fresh, hoppy aroma. Get yours here 👉 ow.ly/INee50Ev8jA #CheerstoCAMRA pic.twitter.com/Y7RNxhIPlD
- Sunday 18 April, 08:24 : RT @Ebcu1: Another workshop is coming! 😱 We have organised a new event with amazing panelists, under the title “The Beer World after the Pandemic”: 📆 Thursday, May 20th 2021 ⏰ 19:30 CET or 18:30 GMT (UK, Ireland & Portugal) Tickets for registration: ebcu.org/events/
- Wednesday, 13:58 : Have you listened to the latest episode of @PubsPintsPeople? This one is all about community-owned pubs! Listen via the link in their tweet below ⬇️ twitter.com/PubsPintsPeopl…
- Tuesday, 18:00 : Ever seen the term 'Kettle sour' on the side of a bottle and wondered what it means? Well, Ruvani de Silva (@amethyst_heels) has produced a helpful guide to kettle souring on our Learn & Discover platform (@feralfruits). Read it here 👉 ow.ly/LJFi50Et6Jt pic.twitter.com/mRqTbKEKN8
- Tuesday, 11:03 : 1/2: MEDIA REQUEST!🚨 A publication are looking for pubs struggling to hire enough staff for reopening, due to a combination of many European migrants returning home and some workers on furlough choosing not to return. pic.twitter.com/TwjveMul4S
Twitter / camrabooks
- Thursday 8 April, 09:11 : RT @totalcurtis: My first book, An Opinionated Guide to London Pubs, is out today! You can order yourself a copy here direct from its publisher @HoxtonMiniPress and get ready for beer gardens reopening on Monday. hoxtonminipress.com/products/pre-o… pic.twitter.com/M4vTtNKsdr
- Thursday 8 April, 13:11 : RT @PeteBrownBeer: I'm launching a Zoom book club! Each week we look at a title from my backlist. More details on my blog, so you can get the date of your favourite book in the diary: petebrown.net/2021/04/08/mos…. We start with Man Walks into a Pub, 28th April. Tix on sale now: eventbrite.co.uk/e/pete-brown-b… pic.twitter.com/1S8esVbQSa
- Wednesday 31 March, 19:06 : The Good Beer Box - Edition 1 shop1.camra.org.uk/product/the-go… via @CAMRABooks Exciting times for CAMRA - much as we really would love these beers to be at the GBBF - getting them straight to your door is the next best thing.
- Friday 26 March, 08:44 : camra.org.uk/50-years/50th-… An evening with Laura Hadland is now available to watch on our site - in nice 10 min chunks with top beer writers and campaigners.
- Wednesday 24 March, 12:35 : The Pub Manifesto shop1.camra.org.uk/product/the-pu… via @CAMRABooks