The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 18:00 : We hope that this summer you'll be raising your glass of cask ale to brewers across the country. After a year of restrictions, get back to the pub to support local and independent breweries near you 🍻 #StandUpForCask #PubFreshBeer Find out more: ow.ly/ixxN50FDJx3 pic.twitter.com/9ZDojzonMF
- Sunday, 18:00 : We're still looking for brand new CAMRA volunteers! There are plenty of opportunities regionally and nationally to help out the campaign. Go to our website to find out more 👉ow.ly/9wBI50FCeNa pic.twitter.com/3D7JMv3bKF
- Saturday, 18:00 : Ready for @gbbf at Your Local? There are events going on across the UK, including: The Dodo Micropub, West London @thedodomicropub Betty Nicols, Kirkcaldy The Goat and Tricycle, Bournemouth The New Clarence, Hull @ChilliDevils Find one near you 👉 local.gbbf.org.uk/whats-on/ pic.twitter.com/oy8t9MAEpj
- Tuesday 20 July, 14:20 : RT @clive_ask: Pub Pride Venues all booked up and ready to go! Listed on our website here: pubpride.com pic.twitter.com/NZrDAZtshv
- Friday, 14:00 : Ever wondered how to identify if your pint might be off? @Shinybiscuit's new Learn & Discover (@feralfruits) guide is for you! Accompanied by Lucie Cooke's charming illustrations 🎨 Get the guides here 👇 Beginners: ow.ly/aMPr50FCcET Enthusiasts: ow.ly/Z0R450FCcES pic.twitter.com/wW5d1f08qg
Twitter / camrabooks
- Monday 19 July, 11:02 : A tasting evening with The Ciderologist - Gabe Cook shop1.camra.org.uk/product/a-tast… via @CAMRABooks
- Wednesday 7 July, 15:22 : If you like beer, you want to be a part of a scene that has begun to transform society from grassroots up and if you want to really dig into some of the most influential and inspiring people in the beer and brewing industry - THIS is a book you should buy.bit.ly/3hPcLLY pic.twitter.com/M50WqlZAf1
- Monday 28 June, 12:18 : RT @totalcurtis: My new book, Modern British Beer, from @CAMRABooks is due to be released on August 12th 2021. I am incredibly excited for you all to read what is my most in-depth work yet. You can pre order your copy here: shop1.camra.org.uk/modern-british… pic.twitter.com/CDfu1A6XKf
- Friday 25 June, 14:43 : camra.org.uk/modern-british… Only a few days left to pre-order the beer box or T-shirt with the awesome book about beer!
- Tuesday 22 June, 11:10 : I am not sure I can keep this to 50 words. If you like beer and would happily sit and drink and read about it - I think you would struggle to find two better books than Modern British Beer (@totalcurtis) and A Year in Beer(@JonnyGarrett) - I am only reading the unedited proofs!