The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 11:00 : The deadline for National Executive nominations is 28 Jan - don't miss out! 💫 Make a real difference to the campaign 💫 Help create the future CAMRA you'd like to see & gain professional experience 💫 Help us represent our 180,000 members Learn more 👉 ow.ly/pB0350DfojN pic.twitter.com/zLlcM7LKRn
- Saturday, 13:00 : Help support your local! Order beer directly from your local brewery with #Brew2You 🍻 Download the app, or visit our website ➡️ brew2you.co.uk pic.twitter.com/giTsDTl84S
- Friday, 19:00 : It's been a while since we've shared a #FunFactFriday - what do you make of this one? 🍻 This hymn was called the Hymn to Ninkasi (who was the goddess of beer) and is over 3,900 years old! Learn more about joining CAMRA 👉 join.camra.org.uk pic.twitter.com/eayKldySPF
- Friday, 14:33 : Responding to comments by SAGE scientists that hospitality businesses should remain closed until May + the release of Market Recovery Monitor data from CGA & AlixPartners suggesting 6,000 licenced premises have permanently closed in 2020, please find a comment from Nik Antona: pic.twitter.com/f3Rs2Nz4jb
- Friday, 10:50 : Responding to the Executive’s decision to extend lockdown restrictions until March, please find the below quote from Chair of CAMRA NI Ruth Sloan. Read it on our website 👉 ow.ly/9pKG50DfkVw pic.twitter.com/60DOweCEC6
Twitter / camrabooks
- Monday 18 January, 16:14 : Barnsley Real Ale Guide (2013) shop1.camra.org.uk/product/barnsl…
- Wednesday 6 January, 12:40 : CAMRA Books January Flash Sale createsend.com/t/j-79A99FF481…
- Friday 4 December, 09:41 : A small gift from CAMRA fb.watch/29LrSYf6rP/ via @FacebookWatch The Pub - it really has been the heart of so many communities for centuries.
- Friday 27 November, 17:30 : We may have a few signed copies squirrelled away. Watch this space. twitter.com/RogerProtzBeer…
- Friday 27 November, 16:33 : Available now! twitter.com/PeteBrownBeer/…