The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 12:22 : An exciting @savestapubs event taking place in #StAlbans today! This sign was unveiled at @thebootstalbans earlier… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 12:30 : The Grimsby Beer Festival is opening its doors today! Are you nipping along to enjoy a selection of the 23 cask ale… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 10:41 : Don’t miss it... twitter.com/CAMRABooks/sta…
- Wednesday, 17:01 : Voting for the Champion Beer of Britain 2019 closes TOMORROW! #CBOB Make sure you have your say - vote online now!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 15:50 : 🚨 MEDIA REQUEST! 🚨 BBC Oxford are looking to speak to the former landlords/owners of pubs in #Oxfordshire that ha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Twitter / camrabooks
- Thursday, 10:41 : Time to tune in! 📻 @jamesdowdeswell will be live on @bbcnewcastle at 11am to talk about ‘The Pub Manifesto’ 📖 pic.twitter.com/8mHoeQOHcg
- Wednesday, 08:29 : RT @1970sBOY: Great to see @BeerOClockShow get a plug in the newest @CAMRABooks publication by @jamesdowdeswell If you’re at all… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday, 20:59 : RT @BrollyBrewing: @CAMRA_Official @jamesdowdeswell @CAMRABooks At Brolly tooooooo! 😍 pic.twitter.com/I1NQy5ajwA
- Tuesday, 15:24 : Today marks one week since the #PubManifesto was released! We're finding ourselves agreeing with Jon Richardson's v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday, 12:06 : We've taken a trip to Steel City this week with our review of Sheffield's Real Heritage Pubs, edited by @DavePick .… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…