The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 17:19 : Commenting on the expected decision to apply Tier 3 restrictions to Greater Manchester, please find the attached comment from CAMRA Chief Executive Tom Stainer. Read it on our website 👉 ow.ly/xOxv50BXIEl pic.twitter.com/nwfQb4Y2MF
- Tuesday, 12:04 : Thank you @MariaMillerUK for asking Treasury Ministers in the @HouseofCommons to keep small brewers duty relief in place to safeguard the future of breweries in Hampshire and across the UK. Learn more & sign @AnspachHobday's SBR petition here 👉 camra.org.uk/sbr @SIBA01 pic.twitter.com/f7eog7zivs
- Tuesday, 11:22 : RT @CAMRA_APPLE: Great discussion between @SHLandlady and @TheCiderCritic about how to taste cider Focus on education, quality, transparency of labelling and provenance Recommendation for @CAMRA_Official Learn and Discover / @feralfruits - @FullJuiceMag - @pelliclemag - & @DiscoverCider twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…
- Tuesday, 10:43 : Make sure you tune in to our latest episode of @PubsPintsPeople! This week it's all about Beer vs Cider tasting, a perfect listen for #CiderMonth 🍏🍺 Follow the link below to listen, or tune in on Spotify or Apple Podcasts! twitter.com/PubsPintsPeopl…
- Monday, 19:38 : RT @feralfruits: Yet another absolutely belter @CAMRA_Official piece of content for Cider Month. Alison Taffs @Grapesoc on pairing food and cider. 🙏👏. Really proud to bring this to Learn & Discover. twitter.com/CAMRA_APPLE/st…
Twitter / camrabooks
- Wednesday 14 October, 13:40 : This is actually happening now - we have met our goal - off the starting blocks and raring to go - you can still join@Kickstarter kickstarter.com/projects/moder…
- Wednesday 14 October, 08:36 : Want to unlock the secrets of the universe? Maybe it's all in the design? Pete Brown might have the answers and it includes beer. Beer by Design available to pre-order now. shop1.camra.org.uk/product/beer-b…
- Tuesday 13 October, 15:16 : RT @feralfruits: 👀👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇 twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…
- Tuesday 13 October, 14:52 : New CAMRA book by award winning beer writer facebook.com/watch/?v=35766… via @FacebookWatch
- Sunday 11 October, 09:56 : kickstarter.com/projects/moder… We have hit 30% in a day. Help us make this new book come to fruition. Visit the kickstarter page and join the campaign.