The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 18:00 : Want to find a Cask Ale Week event near you? Head over to their website to find activities going on all across the UK. caskaleweek.co.uk/activities-202… pic.twitter.com/xLjMpKkFBD
- Sunday, 18:00 : Today's #CaskAleWeek Beer of the Day is Thornbridge's Jaipur, which Adrian Tierney-Jones describes as one of the 'most crucial beers of the past couple of decades'. What are you sipping on today? Find out more about Cask Ale Week: caskaleweek.co.uk #StandUpForCask pic.twitter.com/wrh7xx5AvJ
- Saturday, 18:00 : Have you tuned in to the first episode of the brand new season of our podcast? @PubsPintsPeople this week is all about Modern British Beer and Cider, featuring @theciderologist and @totalcurtis 🍻 🎧Listen here: shows.acast.com/pubspintspeopl… pic.twitter.com/z6SKzRwdiX
- Friday, 18:00 : You can now pre-order the Good Beer Guide 2022, with foreword written by musician and publican @JamesBlunt! 🍻 Get your copy and find out more via the CAMRA shop: ow.ly/nQKk50GfPPE pic.twitter.com/rvG6iBE3n8
- Thursday, 18:00 : It's @caskaleweek! Do your bit for the industry by heading to your local for a pint of independently brewed cask ale. 🍻 Pubs and breweries - here are some ideas of how you can celebrate! Pubs: ow.ly/Fc0H50Gfdy7 Breweries: ow.ly/ZJSA50Gfdy6 pic.twitter.com/lyQw3S8mKX
Twitter / camrabooks
- Monday, 12:23 : beer52.com/ferment/articl… A great book ? No the "best" book!
- Wednesday 22 September, 17:42 : Putting the pint into print for 50 years! createsend.com/t/j-68CBEAE8C0… Just so proud of the books already out there and excited that we still have more to come!
- Friday 10 September, 16:23 : RT @JonnyGarrett: My new book is here! More beautiful than I could have imagined. Can't wait to get it out into the world. pic.twitter.com/znH2dGchaL
- Friday 10 September, 15:51 : Hi CAMRA member we can take you on a beer journey around the globe! createsend.com/t/j-1A396778A4…
- Monday 6 September, 12:16 : Today is the day that cider has a spotlight - over the next few weeks and throughout October we will be referencing this fantastic book - as well as drinking some fantastic cider. Buy your copy here - shop1.camra.org.uk/product/modern… pic.twitter.com/XHGDjIOC7i