The Central Southern Region of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
The Regional winner of the Pub of the Year 2018 is
Nag's Head, 5 Russell Street, Reading, RG1 7XD
The Regional winner of Club of the Year 2018 is
Royal British Legion, Station Approach, Marlow, SL7 1NT
The Regional winner of the Cider Pub of the Year 2018 is
Royal Oak, Newbury Street, Wantage OX12 8DF
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 18:00 : Our Pubs. Pints. People. podcast hosts have chosen their favourite brews for this week 👇 Clare: Autumn Leaf by Cabin Brewery Ant: Scaramanga by Gun brewery (and Summer Lightning by Hopback Brewery) Matt: Side Pocket by Tring Brewery Listen here 👉shows.acast.com/pubspintspeopl… pic.twitter.com/qA1i1TQ4Op
- Friday, 18:00 : Make sure you register for our 50th anniversary virtual pub quiz! It's free, everyone is welcome, and we've got some brilliant prizes for you. Go to our website to find out more 👉ow.ly/8VbB50Fdme7 pic.twitter.com/9Z6iLFFs7n
- Friday, 14:01 : Do you fancy choosing the next Champion Beer of Britain? We need volunteers (enthusiasm and willingness to learn is all that's required) for our Beer Tasting Panels across the UK. It'll be champion to have you on board! Find out more 👉 ow.ly/lpjx50Fdn0Q
- Friday, 12:27 : In response to discussions about tackling discrimination in the beer and pub industry CAMRA is launching an Inclusivity, Diversity & Equality Review Group to ensure members and non-members do not suffer discrimination and feel safe and welcome within CAMRA and at our events. 1/9 pic.twitter.com/1Weyc6prZ1
- Thursday, 18:00 : This week is #LonelinessAwarenessWeek. Check out Pub Is The Hub's advice guide, and their 'Last Orders for Loneliness' poem written by David Attree 👇 ow.ly/Ao1i50Fcxvc pic.twitter.com/kTA7WCewMX
Twitter / camrabooks
- Monday 14 June, 11:36 : protzonbeer.co.uk/features/2021/… Cromwellian “warts and all”, study. Laura has written a remarkable book, remarkable in the sense that she has achieved the almost impossible: making the internal workings of the campaign seem fascinating.
- Thursday 3 June, 17:08 : Modern British Beer Box, Tasting & Book shop1.camra.org.uk/product/modern… via @CAMRABooks This beer box , book & tasting is only available for pre-order until 30th June!
- Tuesday 25 May, 11:17 : camra.org.uk/modern-british…
- Tuesday 18 May, 11:39 : Modern British Beer Book & T-Shirt shop1.camra.org.uk/product/modern… via @CAMRABooks
- Thursday 13 May, 20:51 : RT @Britbeerwriters: Beer lovers can immerse themselves in a new title from @CAMRABooks - ‘Modern British Beer’ by award-winning writer @totalcurtis . The book marks how the past two decades have shaped the British beer scene. Read more: beerguild.co.uk/news/new-book-…